Mental Health Awareness for Therapists
2.5 hours of online CPD for Counsellors and Hypnotherapists on understanding complex mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression with psychotic features.
- UK legislation around Mental Health.
- What is psychosis and neurosis? What is….?, Who gets…..?, What are the signs and symptoms of…..?, What helps….? Leave the session with a clear understanding of each mental health condition.
- Getting the most information out of an assessment.
- Action to take if you become concerned about someone’s immediate mental health.
- Safety mechanisms to install within your practice.
- Insurance, GDPR, and therapy frameworks.
Price is £50. Training will be in groups of 6 people or less. Course handouts available after the session.
Liz Sharpe has worked in community mental health since 1996, for charities and not for profit organisations. Her last role was as Area Manager for Mental Health responsible for 165 clients across 15 contracts.
Liz is a Counsellor, Addictions specialist worker, Hypnotherapist, BWRT Practitioner & Coach, and has trained in Psy-Tap and Old Pain 2 Go.
In addition to running a busy practice in Essex, Liz is proud to hold 3 contracts with the NHS.
- Hypnotherapist and Counsellor working with cardiac arrest survivors who experience stress, anxiety, PTSD and / or depression, following a cardiac arrest.
- Hypnotherapist and Counsellor working with patients and families diagnosed with Cancer.
- Independent Associate Hospital Manager – reviewing people who are sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which date you would like to join, once you have made your payment.
If you are keen to do this training, but can’t make these dates – email your interest to Liz so that you can be kept informed of new dates.
Please note: this training will be predominantly of interest to therapists who work directly with clients. email@example.com for further information and dates.